Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Splatter/Straw Painting

It is amazing how good ideas are so often also versatile ones. When I worked at Help CP Kids, Eniko often did a painting activity with the kids.  She would set up a plinth with paper, puddles of paint and brushes, and then we would help the kids to hold the brushes and spatter the paint onto the paper.  I was reminded of this when I noticed a similar idea in a book and decided to do it with my students.

We also added a new touch.  We used red and yellow (but you could use any two primary colors or more if you wished) and then we blew through straws to make the colors blend and move across the paper.

It worked great; simple and easy, yet the kids really liked it.  This time, we did first and Kindergarten apart, so when I thought of taking pictures, it was only the Kindergarten kids.  I thought of this because their faces while they were blowing were so cute!!  I don't know if the pictures really do it justice, but I will post them anyway.  I had to use Michelle's camera, so it might take a little while to post them, but hope you like them!

Mel

No comments: