Tuesday, November 18, 2008

National Children's Book Week

This week is National Children's Book Week. We will do lots of "bookworm" activities this week. I picked four authors to choose between as our favorite author. We LOVE Jan Brett so she is one, then Eric Carle, Laura Numeroff, and A. A. Milne. Tuesday to Friday, we will have an author of the day, and Friday we will pick our very favorite.

We will have guest readers (Uriah, one of the high schoolers, is our only one so far) I invited all the parents to come and read to the class. I might ask some other's too! We will definitely have to read Mouse Paint, a favorite of our class that we did not have. My sister Sarah sent us a copy for our classroom. We will also have a book exchange so each child can go home with a new to them book on Friday.

I will post some pictures from our activities when the week is over. Let me know how you or your kids are celebrating Children's Book Week. I would love more ideas!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like your class wishlist but I wonder if you could make another list: Books you already have in your collection.

I know that would be a lot of work, but then someone could introduce you to a book you don't have and don't know of yet!

Someone like me, with a ton of good children's books....